Guardianships and Conservatorships

When someone becomes incapacitated as defined by Michigan law, and does not have power of attorney documents in place, or if the named agent is not acting in the individual’s best interest, it might become necessary to petition the probate court for a guardianship and/or a conservatorship. The probate court is able to name someone to act on behalf of an incapacitated individual to ensure his or her well-being. At WEL, we can represent you in probate court when a loved one needs additional assistance to care for himself or herself.